on 05-01-201210:55 AM - edited on 10-15-202110:33 AM by AnalyteGuru
He X, Kozak M. ASMS 2011 Poster • A novel Q Exactive mass spectrometer was evaluated for its quantitative performance in targeted HCD mode to analyze testosterone in plasma with LC-MS/MS.
• Sub-3ppm mass accuracy could be easily obtained with external calibration.
• The ion ratio for the two fragment ions used was consistently within the 20% error window in water, charcoal stripped plasma and human plasma at all levels in the calibration standards and samples.
• Results on unknown plasma samples were identical using calibration curves created with water and charcoal stripped plasma, indicating no ion suppression.
• Results correlated well with immunoassay.
• The Q Exactive mass spectrometer is highly sensitive. Signal to noise (S/N) ratio of >60 was achieved with accuracy of 90 - 110% at 10 pg/mL concentration. The final LLOQ can be even lower based on the S/N we observed.