cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extraction and clean up method for sVOC analysis- EPA 8270

Kaur
Involved Contributor
Involved Contributor

Though EPA has a list of extraction methods for semi-volatiles analysis, which one is best for soil and TCLP leachate? (fewer steps, less solvent use, and economical)

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_I2
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaur Welcome to our new online community and many thanks for posting a question. I will reach out to the team but will be eager to see how we can connect you to others in the community who might have similar questions. @GeorgeTFS @FourierTFormer , please help me welcome Kaur!

GeorgeTFS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Kaur. We're glad you've joined the community and hope that you find value in the resources available. 

Molly_I2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Kaur  I’ve discussed this with a few of our support teams on recommendations and advice for you. To guide you further, it would be helpful to understand the instrumentation you are working with. If you would like a representative to contact you about specific technical questions, then you can request support using the Contact Us | Thermo Fisher Scientific - US.

If you have a question on the best methodology, you might consider submitting this question to the EPA directly. We found this link - ECSS Get Help - ECSS (servicenowservices.com). It seems to be a way to ask a question online.

In addition, I did come across a few resources on using GCMS and EPA method 8270D. 

Resource 1, Application note: The Optimized Analysis of the U.S. EPA Method 8270... - AnalyteGuru

Resource 2, Poster Note: Optimizing the Analysis of Semi-volatiles by EPA Method 8270

Resource 3, Analyzer kit information: EPA 8270D Analyzer Kit – Update Your Lab and Overcome the Challenges of Semi-Volatile (SVOC) Analysi...

Please let me know if I can help in any other way. 

mzCloud - A State of the Art Mass Spectral Library
MXCloud

A freely searchable collection of high resolution accurate mass spectra that can be accessed online, free of charge.