cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barnstead GenPure Pro used for PFAS analysis?

ljordan
Involved Contributor
Involved Contributor

Has anyone used a Barnstead GenPure Pro for routine PFAS analysis (EPA methods 537.1 or 533)?  Has the Barnstead unit met method requirements for blanks (routinely demonstrated to be free from interferences (less than 1/3 the MRL for each
method analyte) under the conditions of the analysis by analyzing laboratory reagent
blanks ?

3 REPLIES 3

GeorgeTFS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @ljordan. Thank you for posing your question on the community. I will work to help find you an answer. 

Thermo_Brendan
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @ljordan, here is our answer: 

"We have not run specific PFAS testing but we have conducted extensive testing for VOC and SVOC’s in GenPure Pro product water.

Between the UV light and ultrafilter, PFAS should generally be removed." 

@ljordan wrote:

Has anyone used a Barnstead GenPure Pro for routine PFAS analysis (EPA methods 537.1 or 533)?  Has the Barnstead unit met method requirements for blanks (routinely demonstrated to be free from interferences (less than 1/3 the MRL for each
method analyte) under the conditions of the analysis by analyzing laboratory reagent
blanks ?

ljordan
Involved Contributor
Involved Contributor

I agree the product should be able to remove or reduce PFAS. I was curious if you have a white paper indicating such.  

mzCloud - A State of the Art Mass Spectral Library
MXCloud

A freely searchable collection of high resolution accurate mass spectra that can be accessed online, free of charge.